It’s not your imagination; bamboo has made a huge surge in popularity over the last few years. Many consumer goods are now made using this alternative eco-material. It’s used for bowls, cutlery, curtains, bedsheets, and baby clothes as well. You may wonder what the benefits would be to using bamboo in the fabrication of newborn baby clothes. If you’ve never felt the silky-smooth softness of fabric made from bamboo, you should do so as soon as you can. It turns out that fabric made from bamboo is one of the best choices a parent can make when choosing baby clothes.
What is Bamboo Material?
It’s very difficult to find material that can beat bamboo clothing. This moisture-wicking, silky smooth fabric is a great choice, especially for placing next to a baby’s soft skin. Most bamboo clothing is made from bamboo viscose. The methods of making it incorporate the use of bamboo cellulose. This is what gives bamboo viscose clothing its durability and softness. It’s also what ensures it is lightweight.
Why Choose Bamboo?
There is a lot more to bamboo than it being the favorite snack of pandas. Its use is becoming broader since it has less of a negative implant on the planet than other materials. Bamboo doesn’t need any chemicals to aid its growth. In fact, bamboo improves the soil it grows in. It is 100% biodegradable and is able to absorb 12 tons of carbon dioxide per hectare per year. It is one of the most sustainable materials on the planet.
Other materials such as cotton and flax (used for linen), takes a lot longer to regrow than bamboo. It’s natural properties such as being hypoallergenic, antimicrobial, and anti-mold, make it an easy choice for baby clothes. It is also more durable and breathable than other traditional materials. Finding a sustainable, eco-friendly material like bamboo is a huge win for parents, babies, and the planet.
Top Benefits of Using Bamboo Baby Clothes
Once companies began to realize the amazing natural properties of bamboo, it didn’t take long to start creating baby clothes made from it. Here are the top benefits of bamboo baby clothes.
- Breathability. Bamboo fabric is known to be soft, and incredibly breathable. For little ones who sweat and have sensitive skin, this is great. Breathable fabric is also good for warmer weather.
- Anti-Bacterial Properties. Bamboo’s anti-bacterial properties helps babies stay odorless and safe from harmful bacteria. This is helpful for babies who tend to have fungal skin issues like psoriasis or eczema.
- Hypoallergenic. The natural hypoallergenic properties of bamboo means worrying a lot less about babies and allergies. Bamboo fibers are smooth naturally. This means they do not rub against baby’s skin. This reduces chances of skin irritation and rashes.
- UV Protection. Bamboo fabric provides natural UV protection. It can filter up to 97.5% of the sun’s harmful UV rays. This helps protect baby’s skin from the risk of damage or sunburn.
- Comfortable Softness. When it comes to softness, other textiles don’t hold a candle to bamboo fabric. This is one of the characteristics that makes it so great for newborn baby’s clothes. Bamboo fiber has a smooth and round structure that makes it so soft. Since it has no rough elements to irritate the skin, it feels wonderfully soft.
Little Biscuits Bamboo Fabric Baby Clothes
There are many reasons to use bamboo to make newborn baby clothes. At Little Biscuits, we are committed to providing you with high-quality choices when it comes to clothing your little ones. We want you to have healthier options that are great for a newborn baby’s skin. Take a few minutes to check out our broad range of bamboo baby items. Let us help you keep your baby comfortable. Together we can make a difference.